The Engagement Manager assures customer success by driving customer satisfaction throughout the customer success & services life-cycle for our customers, from orchestrating the engagement to successful delivery and beyond.
As an Engagement Manager, you will ensure that our customers are making the most value of our products and services by positioning, preparing, managing the delivery and follow-up of our professional services and training engagements. This role is a strategic and cross-functional position that will partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, Support and Product Teams on campaigns, programs, and content. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Professional Services
The impact you will have:
- Demonstrate a passion for the job and lead by example by putting Databricks and our customers first to achieve the sales and delivery mission
- Collaborate with the sales counterpart and engages early in the sales process to seek to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions
- Identify opportunities for new services by understanding and addressing potential new use-cases and the ability to articulate the business value in the upsell, or extension of services
- Performs as the Engagement Manager in the assigned area with full accountability for meeting/exceeding Professional Services and Training bookings and revenue targets
- Ability to articulate relevant customer success stories, services offerings, and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer
- Consult with clients to understand and analyze engagement scope, requirements, time, cost and benefits. Responsible for estimating, scoping and developing the statement of work documents as necessary
- Drive resolution of delivery challenges, address resource contentions, scoping issues and manage expectations
What we look for:
- Data and AI domain knowledge and experience working with customers to realise business value through to production implementations
- Proven experience in senior customer-facing roles that require a mix of influencing, validating, negotiating, understanding and execution
- Excellent customer-facing skills and the ability to communicate with Executives as well as other stakeholders both internally and externally
- Consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Demonstrate strong leadership experience, the ability to enforce good project governance and drive delivery excellence
- Strong service delivery and program management skills with the ability to synthesize customer success outcomes into well-structured program plans that deliver against such outcomes
- Proven experience in estimating effort and scope for services
- Outstanding communication and customer relationship skills
- Written and verbal fluency in both Korean and English
- Benefits allowance
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.