Senior Product Security Engineer
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
The Product Security Team's mission is to Left-shift SDLC (Security Development Lifecycle) processes for ALL code written in Databricks (for Customer Use or Supporting Customer internally) to reduce the likelihood of introducing new vulnerabilities in production and minimize the count and effect of externally identified vulnerabilities on Databricks Services.
You will be an individual contributor on the product security team at Databricks, manage SDLC functions for features and products within Databricks. This would include, but is not limited to, security design reviews, threat models, manual code reviews, exploit writing and exploit chain creation. You will also support IR and VRP programs when there is a vulnerability report or a product security incident. You will work with a global team, spread across various locations in the US and EMEA.
The impact you will have:
- Full SDLC Support for new product features being developed in ENG and non-ENG teams. This would include Threat Modeling, Design Review, Manual Code Review, Exploit writing, etc.
- Work with other security teams to provide support for Incident Response and Vulnerability Response as and when needed.
- Work with the results of SAST tools to help evaluate and identify false positives and file defects for real issues.
- Work on DAST tools and related automation for auto-assessment and defect filing.
- Maintain the automation framework and add new features as needed to support different security compliances that Databricks may want to get into – FedRamp, PCI, HIPPA, etc.
- Prioritize security from a risk management perspective, rather than an absolute textbook version.
- Help develop and implement security processes to improve the overall productivity of the product security organization and the SDLC process in general
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience with the Threat Modeling process and ability to find design problems based on a block diagram of data flow.
- Solid understanding on at least two of the following domains - Web Security, Cloud Security, Systems Security and Applied Cryptography.
- Strong skills on scripting and automation on exploits
- Fuzzing skills are good to have.
- Exploit writing skills is a positive and greatly required.
- Health insurance reimbursement and collective healthcare scheme
- Life, accident and income protection insurance
- Company pension with employer contribution
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Home office & headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.