Sr. Group Manager, Content, Social Media + Brand Communications
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Databricks is hiring an experienced content and editorial leader to drive the global strategy and execution of our social media, content and brand communications team. This role combines leadership, strategy, and hands-on execution to build brand equity, drive awareness, and foster community engagement leading our team of content strategists and copywriters.
Your impact will be measured by the success of your content across the funnel from thought leadership and awareness to lead generation. The ideal candidate will possess experience in leading content marketing teams within rapidly growing SaaS companies. This role reports to the VP of Corporate Marketing.
The impact you will have:
- Lead the global content strategy at Databricks, delivering value to global go-to-market motions
- Manage a team of copywriters, content strategists and external agencies to ensure the effective delivery of brand and demand campaigns
- Manage content production and editorial calendars for different channels including blogs, videos and social media channels
- Build out the brand vision, content development, and curation strategy for Databricks' YouTube channel.
- Deliver messaging, story development, and engagement models for integrated campaigns
- Ensure all content is world-class, on-brand, and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience.
- Take a data-driven approach to social media producing original content, responding to followers, and fostering a vibrant and growing community.
- Develop an influencer marketing strategy and engage with leading data, AI and analytics influencers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Databricks’ community initiatives, including customer marketing, executive engagement and customer success
- Build a community of advocates and influencers within Databricks social channels
- Mentor and build a team of high-performing writers, strategists and social managers
- Deliver sustainable, quarter-over-quarter community growth and measurable ongoing engagement
- Deliver compelling content that can be used across the company to drive awareness and consideration for Databricks.
- Partner closely with Brand, Demand, Marketing and Product to deliver world-class content across Databricks priorities and personas
What we look for:
- Proven track record of crafting content strategies for SaaS organization
- Editorial excellence, creativity and ability to edit technical content
- Ability to clearly communicate and execute a data-driven methodology for the growth of community and content
- Knowledge of generative AI tools and strategy for how to deploy them effectively for content generation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA, HSA and Commuter Benefit Plans
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.