Finance Manager, GTM
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Databricks is looking for an excellent Finance Manager to join our FP&A team in our mission to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, as an important contributor to the Go-To-Market (GTM) finance team specifically focused on supporting the Technical Field, you will help your partners be successful and achieve financial goals, grounded in financial reality through modeling and analysis. You will improve forecast reliability, enhance reporting, improve processes, and provide thought leadership to guide the evolution of the organization. You will work directly with interrelated Go-To-Market finance teams (i.e., Sales, Professional Services) and Technical Field Operations, becoming a trusted partner within finance and across Databricks.
The impact you will have:
- Partner with the Technical Field organization to develop forecasts and manage budgets, building reports and analyses to understand and influence business-critical GTM investments
- Forecast operating expenses within 2% accuracy, explaining material variances to expectations and developing recommendations based on understanding of Databricks’ business model
- Build and manage the Technical Field commissions expense forecast, enhancing accuracy by implementing industry best practices and summarizing findings into exec-level reporting
- Manage headcount and overall expense budgets, engaging with Technical Field operations to oversee growth and lead strategic discussions regarding tradeoffs
- Coordinate with Accounting to manage month end close processes, ensuring accuracy of financial results while developing an understanding variances to budget
- Prepare content for monthly analytical presentations, providing executive leadership with strategic insights that further understanding of expense levers, organizational efficiencies, and return on investment
- Improve financial processes and implement system improvements to support hyper-growth at scale
- Work and build relationships with important partners across Technical Field Operations and senior leaders, Finance, Accounting, HR and Talent Acquisition teams to strengthen processes and produce insights
What we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or comparable quantitative field.
- 7+ years of FP&A, Finance, or related experience (e.g. Investment Banking, Management Consulting), with a focus on technology; familiarity with the software industry and SaaS business-models
- Experience working with Go-To-Market organizations (Sales, Technical Pre-Sales, Professional Services), managing complex budgets, knowledge of best practices, and building processes for scale
- Capability to build and operate core FP&A processes including long range planning, annual planning, quarterly outlooks, and monthly BvA (budget vs actual)
- Superb financial modeling skills and quantitative analysis experience, with ability to distill complex subject matter into curated executive summaries
- Specific experience designing, implementing, managing, or financially modeling variable compensation plans (commissions) a strong plus
- Expert with spreadsheets, and specifically using Google Sheets; can maintain and organize complex spreadsheets, comfortable with wide array of modeling techniques and shortcuts
- Strong familiarity and understanding of GAAP and non-GAAP financial metrics
- High competency with Anaplan is desired, along with experience in information systems including Netsuite, Salesforce, Coupa, and Workday
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.