At Databricks, our core values are at the heart of everything we do; creating a culture of proactiveness and a customer-centric mindset guides us to create a unified platform that makes data science and analytics accessible to everyone.
We aim to inspire our customers to make informed decisions that push their business forward. We provide a user-friendly and intuitive platform that makes it easy to turn insights into action and fosters a culture of creativity, experimentation, and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Engineering - IMEA, you will be an essential part of this mission, using your technical expertise to demonstrate how our Lakehouse Platform can help customers solve their complex data challenges. You'll work with a collaborative, customer-focused team who values innovation and creativity, using your skills to create customized solutions to help our customers achieve their goals and guide their businesses forward.
Join us in our quest to change how people work with data and make a better world!
The impact you will have:
- Form and develop successful customer relationships throughout your assigned territory, providing technical and business value to Databricks customers in collaboration with Account Executives.
- Operate as an expert in big data analytics to excite customers about Databricks. You will develop into a ‘champion’ and trusted advisor on multiple issues of architecture, design, and implementation to lead to the successful adoption of the Databricks Lakehouse platform.
- Scale best practices in your field and support customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications, and help build the Databricks community in your region by leading workshops, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Grow your knowledge and expertise to the level of a technical and/or industry specialist.
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience in a pre-sales role and cloud consumption model environment;
- Engage customers in technical sales, challenge their questions, guide clear outcomes, and communicate technical and value propositions.
- Experienced in use case discovery, scoping, and delivering complex solution architecture designs to multiple audiences requiring an ability to context switch in levels of technical depth.
- Proficient with Big Data Analytics technologies, including hands-on expertise with complex proofs-of-concept and public cloud platform(s).
- Prior experience with coding in a core programming language (i.e., Python, Java, Scala) and at least a base level of Apache Spark preferable.
- Bachelor of Science or above in the Information Technology field.
- Proficient to at least business-level in both English and Hebrew languages for customer engagements.
- Nice to have: Databricks Certification(s), Azure/AWS/GCP Cloud Certification(s).
- Benefits allowance
- Manager’s Insurance or Pension Fund
- Equity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.