At Databricks, our values are at the forefront of everything we do. Our proactive, customer-focused culture drives us to create a unified platform that makes data science and analytics accessible to everyone.
Our goal is to empower our customers with the tools they need to make informed decisions that grow their business forward. Our platform is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to turn insights into action and encouraging a culture of creativity, experimentation, and continuous improvement.
As an important member of our team, you will play an important role in our mission. Using your technical expertise, you will show our customers how the Lakehouse Platform can help solve their complex data challenges. Working alongside a collaborative, customer-focused team, you will use your skills to develop custom solutions that help our customers achieve their goals and build their businesses forward. You'll grow as a leader in your field, while finding solutions to our customers' biggest challenges in big data, analytics, data engineering and data science problems. You will report to the Manager of Field Engineering.
Note : we are open to accept applications from across the country (i.e. outside of Munich).
The impact you will have:
- Form successful relationships with clients throughout your assigned territory, providing technical and business value to Databricks customers, in collaboration with Account Executives.
- Operate as an expert in the sphere of big data analytics with the aim to get customers excited about Databricks. You will develop into a 'champion' and trusted advisor on multiple issues of architecture, design and implementation to lead to the successful adoption of the Databricks Lakehouse platform.
- Scale best practices in your field and support customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications and help build the Databricks community in your region by leading workshops, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Grow your expertise to the level of a technical and/or industry specialist.
- As an expert in the sphere of big data analytics, you will be seen as an expert on issues of architecture and design.
What we look for:
- You will be experienced engaging customers in technical sales, challenge their questions, guide clear outcomes, and communicate technical and value propositions.
- Develop customer relationships and build internal partnerships with account executives and teams.
- Prior experience coding in a core programming language (i.e. Python, Java, Scala) and familiarity with distributed computing e.g. using Apache Spark.
- Proficient in Big Data Analytics technologies including hands-on expertise with complex proof-of-concepts, governance and public cloud platform(s).
- Your skillset background will include Data Engineering with hands-on experience in performance tuning and optimising data workloads or Data Science with hands-on experience in MLOPs.
- Experienced in use case discovery, qualification, scoping and delivering complex solution architecture designs to multiple audiences requiring ability to context switch in levels of technical depth.
- Experienced in a high-velocity environment and an ability to demonstrate ownership.
- Business level in German is a big plus.
- Employer contributions to public or private health plan
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.