Sr. Payroll Analyst
As an employee on the Databricks payroll team, you will become part of a growing dynamic global organization that is helping our customers solve some of their toughest problems. Being part of the Databricks Global Payroll Organization means that we help our employees focus on what they are really passionate about while enjoying a great employee experience. The Sr. Payroll Analyst role will be responsible for processing payroll in multiple locations across the globe, ensuring accurate and timely payroll. You will work closely with our payroll vendors, internal business partners and end user’s, supporting day to day activities, identifying opportunities for improvement, supporting our project roadmap and ensuring SLA’s met. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Payroll.
The impact you will have:
● Partner with other employees on America’s payroll processing team using Workday. You will be responsible for owning the semi-monthly payroll submission from initiation to completion for multiple payroll codes.
● Ensure the accuracy of America’s payroll including but not limited to base pay, bonuses, stock compensation, commissions, payroll taxes, employee changes, new hires and other deductions.
● Adhere to payroll controls and SOX compliance requirements
● Identify opportunities to improve processes in order to achieve scalability
● Develop/maintain process documentation as needed
● Complete and adhere to payroll processing checklists
What we look for:
● 3+ years Workday payroll experience
● 5 + years Workday Payroll processing experience for exempt and non exempt employees
● Experience calculating and reconciling Federal, State and Local taxes
● Canada payroll experience is preferred
● Experience with Equity transactions, sourced income and expat shadow payrolls
● Advanced skills using Excel
● Technically well versed and able to transition to new technologies easily
● Understanding of case management tools, SLA’s and metrics
● Strong communication and organizational skills and cultural intelligence; ability to formulate and articulate a perspective and present it in a way to create understanding and alignment
● Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions
● Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as ability to collaborate closely with others to achieve objectives and deadlines
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.