VP, Enterprise-Financial Services
About the Team
The Financial Services sales team is responsible for aggressively growing top-line revenue and driving new business through implementation of scalable, repeatable, structured systems/processes and embracing the operational challenges of leading a high-growth business at a significant scale through its next stage of growth.
Databricks is seeking a seasoned and transformational Vice President, Financial Services to serve as a key member of our regulated industries leadership team who will continue to scale our world-class sales organization to drive rapid growth within the FinServ vertical, which is critical to our continued success. Achieving Databricks mission and vision requires working together to create a culture that supports their hunger to be the best. To be effective in this role, the successful leader will be responsible for driving the below:
Understands the direction Databricks is going and the criticality of their respective functions, organizations and teams to achieve that outcome. Can translate that vision into a purposeful mission for their team. Constructs actionable plans for the team to execute and carry out its mission. Communicates and unifies the team behind its mission and plan
Create a framework for the entire team to follow and clearly communicate the direction they are going in alignment with the company’s overall strategy by igniting the passion and motivation inside other people and lead them to do extraordinary things.
Consistently deliver great results at a rapid (but sustainable) pace. Along with setting an inspiring and clear vision and defining their strategy; effective execution is critical to the success of the team and company. To execute well, a leader at Databricks needs to be able to deliver extraordinary outcomes.
Talent magnet who can build and lead teams to achieve significantly more as a collective unit that they could achieve individually. We can overcome our biggest obstacles if we have a team that shares a common goal and works together to achieve it. A team that works together excels and they have a strong sense of purpose, know their roles and understand precisely how to operate efficiently together.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and hire top talent within our FinServ vertical. Execute on revenue goals, develop leaders within each region, while implementing a strong sales methodology and working complex strategic sales cycles.
- Deliver regular and accurate forecasts and ensure monthly, quarterly and annual targets are achieved.
- Drive executive relationships at the CxO level, and successfully support large complex sales cycles in the FinServ space.
- Create and drive strategic go-to-market plans to meet company growth and market share goals. Position the company to continue to successfully compete with the largest players in the FinServ industry.
- Engage and develop senior CxO clients/prospects within the FinServ space to establish, drive and grow strategic relationships.
- Act as a strategic thought leader and advisor to the SVP, Regulated Industries and broader Executive Team. Work closely with other executives across the organization to establish and develop a strong and collaborative partnership to ensure success.
- Maintain strong reporting and accountability against numbers, driving to exceed quotas, while developing and managing motivating incentive tools.
- Be an exceptional leader and change agent. This executive will collaborate across the organization and help bring disparate teams together into a more cohesive unit.
Team First Culture
- Focuses on what’s best for the company long term. Ability to easily work across functions as ‘one team’ that is in it together and aligned on key goals for the company. Determines true ways to grow revenue and build capacity for future growth with a crucial long-term perspective in mind.
Financial Services Space
- Comprehensive understanding of the FinServ space including issues, market trends, and sales cycles. Will also understand how leveraging data and AI technology can be utilized to solve complex healthcare business challenges.
- Experience implementing complex strategy and operational improvements. Takes a data driven and efficiency-oriented approach to sales operations. Measurable success in improving sales enablement, hiring practices, productivity, sales strategy, and program function.
Enterprise Software - Sales Leadership
- Demonstrated success in leading software sales organizations and working across highly complex, truly global businesses. Has managed as a 2nd line leader, high-performing sales organizations exceeding 20+ professionals.
- Experience within a cloud-native, disruptive software business with proven leadership of a modern, recurring revenue go-to-market motion.
Benefits - USA
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.