Resident Solutions Architect (Public Sector)
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in the Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC area locations will be considered.
As a Resident Solutions Architect on our Public Sector Professional Services team, you will help government agencies harness the full power of Databricks, whether that’s a 2-week JumpStart to help a new agency customer stand up Databricks, or a year long engagement where you guide Systems Integrator technical teams onboard hundreds of production data pipelines, dashboards, and users into our industry leading Lakehouse platform. Our Professional Services team members are billable, and comfortable working directly with customers in both on-site and remote capacities. You will report to the Professional Services Director.
The impact you will have:
- You will work on a variety of impactful customer technical projects which may include building reference architectures, how-to's and production grade MVPs
- Guide strategic customers as they implement transformational lakehouse projects, 3rd party migrations, including end-to-end design, build and deployment of industry-leading Data and AI solutions
- Consult on architecture and design; bootstrap or implement strategic customer projects which leads to a customers' successful understanding, evaluation and adoption of Databricks
- Provide an escalated level of support for customer operational issues
- You will work with the Databricks account team, Project Manager, Architect and customer team to ensure the technical components of the engagement are delivered to meet customer's needs
What we look for:
- Must be eligible / willing to be processed for a US Government clearance.
- Preferred: DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Comfortable traveling to government customer sites on an as-needed basis
- Proven experience in a technical consulting role, preferably within the Public Sector
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer using a JVM language
- Proficient in SQL and either Python or Scala
- Proven experience doing design and implementation in the modern data stack
- 2+ years of development experience with either AWS or Azure native services
- Preferred: 2+ years of development experience in Spark
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible Time Off
Paid Parental Leave
Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.