Manager, Delivery Solutions Architect
Candidates in the listed region are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates with a preference for residence in the West Coast
Build and lead a team of Delivery Solution Architects. DSA’s lead the post sales technical strategy for our largest Enterprise customers, with a focus on ensuring use cases go into production as quickly and smoothly as possible. This requires resource orchestration skills and a solid understanding of Databricks technology and the Data+AI ecosystem.
As a DSA Manager you will shape and monitor the post sales execution strategy for the customers in your region, in close collaboration with our sales, pre-sales and professional services teams as well as partners. You will be responsible for the DSA team in the AMER Enterprise Communications, Media and Entertainment region and you will report to the DSA leader in the AMER region.
You will make investment decisions in collaboration with the sales and pre sales managers for your region. You will help shape and adjust the value proposition of the DSA role for your region and promote it in front of sales teams and customers.
You will be technical sponsor and thought-leader to a select number of customers. You will hire and coach your team (of Delivery Solution Architects) to prioritize and work with different customer stakeholders up to C-level executives, with the goal of driving usage growth by getting use cases into production, faster.
You and your team will contribute to the creation of assets to build the Delivery Solution Architecture practice and improve effectiveness and consistency in working with customers.
The Impact You Will Have
- Manage a diverse team of Delivery Solution Architects to achieve customer, company, and team goals (usage growth, career growth and hiring)
- Hire, coach, and grow a team of Delivery Solutions Architects for a company in high-growth mode
- Keep your team of DSA’s ahead of the technical curve. A DSA adds value by maintaining advanced knowledge of the technology stack, and advising customers on the best use of it in their architecture. You will make sure that your team is continuously learning and staying in-line with the other field functions while consistently exceeding their certification goals
- Assign accounts and distribute work across individuals for optimal customer coverage and team balance
- Inspire the team to be customer obsessed by understanding customer goals, their use cases, and Databricks technology
- Build relationships and partner with Sales, pre Sales and professional services teams to accelerate growth of customers
- Work with cross functional teams to reduce customer risk and help your team with escalations and address any issues or blockers
- Lead team activities to monitor customer progress and forecast growth
- Provide input to grow and improve internal processes, drive operational rigor and lead programs that drive impact across the organization
- Maintain a robust hiring pipeline at all times
What We Look For
- 7+ years of successful experience in a customer facing role
- Proven delivery experience in SaaS Technologies, particularly in the areas of Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Engineering, ETL, Machine Learning, AI or Data Science.
- Experience building and leading technical post-sales teams - hiring, on-boarding, and enabling post-sales professionals
- Trusted advisor to technical executives that guide strategic data project delivery decisions
- Lead a team through best practices for architecture discussions, use case Go-Lives, creating project and execution plans and customer growth strategy
- Create a positive morale for the team and help foster a working relationship between Field Engineering, Sales, and other important internal partners
- Experience in delivery and deployment of workloads or data products into production, e.g. in a delivery architect, project manager, devops, or service/product owner role
- Conversant with business issues our customers face today and likely big data use cases in different industries
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.