Startup Account Executive
As a Start-ups Account Executive at Databricks, you get to work with some of the most exciting, disruptive companies using data to change the world. You are creative and self-motivated with experience running both transactional and strategic sales processes. You know how to sell innovation and change through customer vision expansion and can guide deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers and partners. Always prospecting for new opportunities, you will close new business while expanding existing accounts. Along with the chance to close exciting deals, we also offer accelerators above 100% quota accomplishment. You will report to a regional sales manager.
The impact you will have:
- Build a territory plan by 30 days with a clear account prioritization strategy.
- Align existing customers with the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform vision and ecosystem.
- Be able to range from faster transactions to large strategic deals.
- Meet and exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets; you will be expected to prospect in this role.
- Maintain clear Salesforce and Clari hygiene including use case, MEDDPICC, revenue forecasts, and account notes.
- Lead with a customer first mindset and focus on business value
What we look for:
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Prior experience in big data, Cloud, or SaaS sales
- Be able to quickly learn new technologies and value proposition
- Experience exceeding sales KPIs and quotas
- Success closing new accounts while working existing accounts
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.