Manager, Partner Strategy & Operations
Candidates in the listed location(s) are highly encouraged for this role:
- San Francisco, California
- Remote - California
The Partner Strategy & Operations team supports Databricks’ robust ecosystem of Cloud, SI, ISV, and Reseller partners, working with the Databricks Partnerships team. Our team is laser focused on driving operational scale in an extremely high-growth environment. We empower our stakeholders and senior leadership with the insights, tools, and decision criteria to inform proactive, effective, and data-driven programmatic strategies.
Reporting to the Director, Managed Partnerships Strategy & Operations, you will be in a critical and visible position, playing a key role in scaling Cloud Partnerships team's business. In this role, you will conduct data analyses, build reports and dashboards to help run the business and enable data-driven decisions. You will work closely with the Cloud leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders to define, track, and report key performance metrics and build a strong data analytics foundation for the team.
The impact you will have:
- Make the leaders of the Cloud Partnerships team more efficient and effective through a data driven approach to decision making
- Create quarterly and annual OKRs, reporting, forecasting, Tableau & Salesforce dashboards, territory planning, and quota/productivity modeling
- Drive alignment with global Cloud teams through regular pipeline and forecast calls, QBRs, and leadership meetings, owning the structure and analysis for each
- Conduct ROI analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of incentive programs and partner initiatives, making data-driven recommendations for improvement
- Monitor business performance, identify areas for improvement and spearhead major projects & programs to drive operational excellence in close alignment with the Cloud, ISV, and SI partnerships leadership teams
- Become an expert on Databricks cloud partnership agreements and mechanics. Know how our business operates with Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud and teach others
What we look for:
- You love building cross-functional processes at scale and are familiar with automation. You have designed systems and workflows spanning multiple team members and tools to manage projects spanning at least a full year
- You are technical and fluent in Salesforce reporting and proficient with Tableau and/or CRM Analytics. Whether it's building a quick Salesforce report for the business or analyzing data sets with tools like Tableau or SQL queries, data is a core part of your toolkit, and you apply an analytical mindset to deliver strategic insights
- You excel in a collaborative environment and have a high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment. You translate team member needs into clear tasks and deliverables for contributors. You work through dependencies, bottlenecks, and tradeoffs with ease
- You have a “get it done” attitude and want to build something that lasts. Not only do you have the ability and the desire to architect the high level strategy, you want to operationalize it and can dive deep into the details
- You have excellent spoken and written communication & presentation skills. You have experience resolving prioritization conflicts, resourcing shortfalls, and timing issues, and can summarize challenges & recommendations succinctly
- You have 6+ years experience in sales or partnerships strategy, operations, or analytics. You have experience collaborating with partner sales and field engineering teams at an enterprise technology company.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.