Sr. Accountant, Revenue Technical Accounting & Strategy
Senior Accountant, Revenue Technical Accounting & Strategy San Francisco, CA; Mtn View, CA; While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered
Databricks is looking to hire a Senior Accountant, Revenue Technical Accounting & Strategy reporting to the Director, Revenue Transformation & Strategy. As a key contributor driving commercialization and revenue transformation at scale, you will work cross-functionally with various teams which include Revenue, Commercialization, Revenue Operations Legal, and SEC Reporting. You will be a primary adviser on the revenue impacts of new product launches, with a passion for designing process improvements to support operational efficiencies and maintain timely and accurate revenue financial reporting. This role requires a highly energetic, collaborative individual who is a problem solver and strategic thinker.
The impact you will have:
• Work closely with Commercialization and Product teams to understand new products and their impacts to revenue recognition policy
• Think creatively to achieve business goals for new product launches while meeting revenue recognition standards
• Research ASC 606 and document accounting memos for new product launches and go-to-market changes
• Gather requirements, perform User Acceptance Testing, and support the implementation of NPI projects and other revenue-impacting initiatives
• Design and implement improved processes that alleviate current state pain points and gaps
• Summarize current process pain points and potential improvements and present to management
• Help inform requirements, assess potential risks, and perform User Acceptance Testing for a new automated revenue recognition and billing/rating system
What we look for:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
• US GAAP and ASC 606 technical accounting experience with a focus on software and SaaS complexities
• Expert in Microsoft Excel
• 3+ years of accounting experience in revenue
• Public accounting background
• Proven track record of identifying and supporting process/operational improvements
• Experience in a fast-paced environment with ability to embrace and successfully drive/implement change
• Process optimization focused; vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.