Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Data Science & Developer Tools
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Data and AI are at the foundation of transforming businesses and processes across industries. As organizations look to build differentiation using Data & AI, the key challenge has been silo’ed tooling leading to reduced pace of innovation and increases costs. Databricks, with its pioneering lakeshouse approach, offers a unified solution, where teams across data science and engineering can collaborate to build end to end Data & AI solutions faster than ever before.
This Product marketing role will lead marketing for all the data science and developer tools at Databricks - these include the Databricks Notebooks, Assistant, and Workspace. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing and develop the marketing strategy for how Databricks can uniquely empower practitioners to build their Data & AI solutions faster. You will work closely with the product marketing team, the sales team as well as the marketing organization to build and execute on the plan to drive the adoption of Databricks data science and developer tools.
The impact you will have:
- Own the value proposition, messaging, collateral and GTM for data science (DS) and developer tools and land it across channels - including web, field, partners and events
- Create an always-on go-to-market plan, and pilot new programs with a strong focus on winning mindshare to increase awareness (e.g. registrations, downloads, views), demand ($ pipeline) and product adoption (usage) of DS & developer tools
- Build a strong and collaborative partnership with our engineering team to create a regular rhythm of landing product news and deliver high impact announcements
- Increase global reach by working with field marketing teams, developer relations, industry, events and partner organization to help scale the business globally
- Build trust with data science audience by publishing 10 new recognizable references in this space within the first year
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience in developer marketing, product marketing, developer relations,or product management for an enterprise software company
- Deep understanding of the practitioner audience (e.g. data engineers, data scientists, ML engineers) and experience in building relevant content for them
- Portfolio of impactful marketing content, sales enablement materials and always-on GTM with proven results across the marketing funnel
- Experience with cloud, data analytics, machine learning or AI technologies
- Experience presenting at conferences/seminars and customer engagements
- Preferred BS in Computer Science, Engineering, coupled with MBA
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA, HSA and Commuter Benefit Plans
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.