Cloud Infra Specialist Solutions Architect
Req ID FEQ125R26
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect (SSA-SME), you will guide customers in building big data solutions on Databricks that span a large variety of use cases. These are customer-facing roles, working with and supporting the Solution Architects, requiring hands-on production experience with cloud infrastructure and big data technologies. SSAs help customers through design and successful implementation of essential workloads while aligning their technical roadmap for expanding the usage of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform. As a deep go-to-expert reporting to the Specialist Field Engineering Manager, you will continue to strengthen your technical skills through mentorship, learning, and internal training programs to continuously consolidate the skills in your area of speciality.
The impact you will have:
- Provide technical leadership to guide strategic customers to successful implementations on big data projects, ranging from architectural and security design to development and deployment best practices including automation
- Architect production-level workloads, including end-to-end pipeline load performance testing and optimisation
- Provide technical expertise in cloud infrastructure and security relating to our Databricks Lakehouse Platform
- Assist Solution Architects with more advanced aspects of the technical sale including custom proof of concept content, workload sizing, and custom architectures
- Improve community adoption (through tutorials, training, hackathons, conference presentations)
- Contribute to the Databricks Community and act as a technical SME.
What we look for:
- Pre-sales or post-sales experience working with external clients across a variety of industry markets
- Experience designing cloud infrastructure and services, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP using best practices in cloud security and networking, including several of the following:
- Designing, deploying, and maintaining cloud networks
- Infrastructure security (e.g. managing network-level security, private endpoints, firewalls, etc)
- Identity & Access Management (e.g. role-based access control, using the principle of least privilege, integration with IdPs, etc)
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure automation (e.g. Terraform or cloud-specific resource management tools like ARM, CloudFormation, etc).
- Ability to design and extend highly performant, scalable, secure, and cost-effective cloud-based big data solutions
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Spark/Delta, Hadoop, and MPP.
- Deep knowledge of development tools and best practices for engineers including CI/CD, unit and integration testing, plus automation and orchestration
- Production programming experience in one or more of the following languages - Python, Scala, SQL, or R
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- This role can be remote, but we prefer that you be located in the job listing area and can travel up to 30% when needed.
- Fluent in English written and spoken, Dutch an advantage
- Nice to have: Databricks Certification, Data Governance
- Medical insurance reimbursement or collective healthcare scheme
- Accident and income protection insurance
- Pension Plan
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Equity awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.