Engineering Manager - Backend
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers — and customer obsessed — we leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
As one of the first Engineering Managers in the Software Engineering team at Databricks India, you will work with your team to build infrastructure and products for the Databricks platform at scale. We have multiple teams working on different domains.
- Resource management infrastructure powering the big data and machine learning workloads on the Databricks platform in a scalable, secure, and cloud-agnostic way
- Develop reliable, scalable services and client libraries that work with massive amounts of data on the cloud, across geographic regions and Cloud providers
- Build tools to allow Databricks engineers to operate their services across different clouds and environments
- Build services, products and infrastructure at the intersection of machine learning and distributed systems.
The impact you will have:
- Hire great engineers to build an outstanding team.
- Support engineers in their career development by providing clear feedback and develop engineering leaders.
- Ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (architecture reviews, testing) and culture (engineering excellence).
- Work with engineering and product leadership to build a long-term roadmap.
- Coordinate execution and collaborate across teams to unblock cross-cutting projects.
What we look for:
- 12+ years of extensive experience with large-scale distributed systems alongside the processes around testing, monitoring, SLAs etc
- Extensive experience as a Software Engineering Leader , building & scaling software engineering teams from ground up
- Extensive experience managing a team of strong software engineers
- Partner with PM, Sales, and Customers to develop innovative features & products.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Health insurance reimbursement and collective healthcare scheme
- Life, accident and disability coverage
- Company pension
- Paid parental leave
- Annual vacation bonus
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.