Strategic Enterprise Account Executive - Retail & Consumer Goods
While candidates in the listed location(s) are highly encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations may be considered.
- Remote - Chicago, IL
- Remote - Dallas, TX
- Remote - Austin, TX
As an Enterprise Account Executive in Databricks' Retail vertical, you are a enterprise sales professional experienced in selling into Retail accounts. You know how to sell innovation and change through customer vision expansion, and can guide deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in depth and are passionate about communicating its value to Customers and System Integrators. Always looking for new opportunities, you will close new accounts while maintaining existing accounts. Along with the chance to close an exciting deal, we also offer accelerators above 100% quota attainment.
Databricks operates at the leading edge of the Unified Data Analytics and AI space. Our customers turn to us to lead the accelerated innovation that their businesses need to gain first mover advantage in today’s ultra-competitive landscape. As we continue our rapid expansion, we are looking for a creative, execution-oriented Enterprise Account Executive to join the Retail team and maximize the phenomenal market opportunity that exists for Databricks.
You will report to the Regional Director of Enterprise Sales.
The impact you will have:
- Meet with CIOs, IT executives, LOB executives, Program Managers, and other important partners
- Close both new accounts and existing accounts
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Customer Obsessed: Ensure 100% satisfaction among your customer
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Use a solution-based approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Promote Databricks' enterprise Data Intelligence Platform powered by Apache Spark and Delta Lake
- Prioritize opportunities and applying appropriate resources
- Build a plan for success internally at Databricks and externally with your accounts
What we look for:
- You have previously worked in an early stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful
- Field sales experience within big data, Cloud, and SaaS sales
- Prior customer relationships with CIOs, program managers, and essential decision makers at Enterprise Retail accounts
- Simply articulate intricate cloud technologies
- 7+ years of Enterprise Sales experience exceeding quotas, covering relevant accounts and industries
- Success closing new accounts while working existing accounts
- Understanding of Spark and big data preferable
- Bachelor's Degree
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.