Senior Solutions Engineer
At Databricks, our core values are at the heart of everything we do; a culture of proactiveness and a customer-centric mindset guides us to create a unified platform that makes data science and analytics accessible to everyone. We aim to inspire our customers to make informed decisions that push their business forward. We provide a user-friendly and intuitive platform that makes it easy to turn insights into action and fosters a culture of creativity, experimentation, and continuous improvement.
You will be an essential part of this mission, using your technical expertise to demonstrate how our Intelligence Platform can help customers solve their complex data challenges and serve as the trusted technical advisor for your customers. You'll work directly with technical and business leaders on their Data and AI strategy and the execution of it, using your pre-sales skills to demonstrate the value of Databricks as a platform. You'll work with a cross-regional, collaborative, customer-focused team in partnership with our different internal departments, wider teams and partners. You will directly report to the Senior Field Engineering Manager.
The impact you will have:
- As an expert in the sphere of big data analytics, you will be seen as an expert on issues of architecture and design
- Lead your clients through evaluating and adopting Databricks Intelligence platform
- Support your customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications
- Integrate Databricks with 3rd-party applications to support customer architectures
- Engage with the technical community (both internal and customer) by leading workshops, seminars and meet-ups
- Form successful relationships with clients throughout your assigned territory in Switzerland, providing technical and business value to Databricks customers in collaboration with Account Executives.
What we look for:
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience of customer-facing pre-sales or consulting role with a core strength in either data engineering or data science advantageous
- An ability to share technical concepts, including presenting and white-boarding
- Pre- or post-sales experience working with external clients providing expertise
- Design and implement architectures within a public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- You have experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop or Cassandra
- Proficiency writing code in either Python, Scala or Java
- Cloud platform and basic cloud security/networking knowledge advantageous
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer science, Information system, Engineering, Data Science or equivalent experience through work experience
- Databricks Certification
- Life, accident and disability insurance
- Pension Plan
- Equity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.