Staff Product Manager - Technical
As a product manager - technical, you will work with other product managers and technical field teams to help ensure that the product features that we design and ship offer the best user experiences and meet the highest performance requirements. You will report to a senior member of the team.
This challenging role will require you to measure both the functional and non-functional capabilities of our customers' workloads and the technologies that they employ to address them. Equipped with this analysis, you will then examine in minute detail the experience fulfilling these workloads on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform and then detail the improvements we can make to make Databricks even simpler and more powerful to use.
You will be a bridge between the technical field teams and the product and engineering teams. You will ensure that the technical field teams experience running PoCs and implementing solutions inform product decisions. You will ensure the product improvements are well presented to the field.
The impact you will have:
- Use your technical and product experience to identify and determine product improvements
- Establish and help run performance benchmarks
- Prioritize and work on an impactful product roadmap
- Help take the product to market and guide its adoption
What we look for:
- Empathy for customers, especially data engineers, data analysts, and data scientists
- Strong, hands-on technical background, 5+ years of experience
- Domain expertise in ETL, Data Warehousing or AI
- Experience analyzing and quantifying different technology's capabilities
- Experience writing Python and SQL
- Experience with systems design and architecture
- Experience working with both product and technical team
- Medical insurance reimbursement or collective healthcare scheme
- Accident and income protection insurance
- Pension Plan
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Equity awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.