Staff Security Engineer (Assurance Field Security)
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Work directly with customers to support customer audits and security reviews, and work with their assurance teams to drive customer trust.
We are seeking a Staff Security Engineer, Assurance Field Engineering to join our Security organization. In this role, you will work side-by-side with Databricks’s strategic customers, partner with our field and support essential security programs. You will play a key role in evangelizing Databricks’ comprehensive security program to our customers and the market in general.
This is a high impact position in helping meet customer security requests related to the output of our assurance team or the requirements of our customers’ assurance teams. It is a unique role for the well rounded field-facing security professional who possesses deep knowledge in the assurance space.
- Build a direct and ongoing relationship with security teams at our top customers by supporting customer risk audits and periodic security reviews
- Support existing security questionnaire process to improve service levels and efficiency
- Serve in customer meetings as a member of the field security team
- Enhance the visibility of assurance offerings by supporting market initiatives
- Contribute and participate in field activities such as webinars, conferences, blogs etc.
- Interpret customer feedback into technical product requirements, write high-level documents to provide prospects/customers with updates on relevant features and programs
- 7+ years of architecture experience building, consulting to, or implementing technology risk programs
- Well-versed in the overall challenges facing customers around the security, compliance, legal and regulations of our solutions
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to complete projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
- Ability to build relationships with and manage diverse stakeholders remotely
- Understanding of Data Science & Machine Learning concepts and applications
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.