Senior Analyst, Revenue Transformation & Strategy
Req ID: GAQ124R49
Location: San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA; While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered
Databricks is looking to hire a Revenue Transformation and Strategy Senior reporting to the Director, Revenue Transformation and Strategy. As the strategic owner driving innovation and commercialization at scale, you will support various teams which include Revenue, Commercialization, Order Management, IT, Legal, and SEC Reporting. You will be the subject-matter expert in ASC 606 with a passion for business development and process improvement while maintaining financial reporting excellence. This role requires a highly energetic, collaborative individual who is a problem solver and strategic thinker.
The impact you will have:
- Automate revenue close processes using Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Python
- Build revenue reports and dashboards for month-end reporting and strategic analysis
- Support implementation of a billing and rating system to automate order-to-revenue processes
- Develop data migration strategies and tools as part of revenue automation and system implementations
- Gather requirements, perform User Acceptance Testing, and manage the implementation of NPI projects and other revenue-impacting initiatives
- Design and implement improved processes that alleviate current state pain points and gaps
- Develop business and data flow narratives and flowcharts with an emphasis on SOX considerations
- Communicate and manage project milestones across order-to-cash and IT teams
- Manage program risks and develop mitigation strategies to meet timelines and goals
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- US GAAP and ASC 606 technical accounting experience with a focus on software and SaaS complexities
- Experience in SQL and Python
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- 4+ years of business process improvement experience
- 4+ years of accounting experience in revenue or related area, observing a SOX control framework
- Experience delivering complex projects with multiple milestones and dependencies
- Experience in project management approaches and phases of the lifecycle as it relates to the detailed aspects of OTC operations
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.