Senior Deal Desk Analyst
As a Senior Deal Desk Analyst on the International Deal Desk team at Databricks, you will play a pivotal role in streamlining the deal management and approval processes across global markets. Your expertise in the B2B technology/software space will be crucial in supporting Account Executives and Sales Leaders across a vast portfolio of deals. This role involves end-to-end management of the sales cycle, from structuring and approval to signature and handoff to Order Management.
In this role, you will be instrumental in shaping Databricks' Deal Desk operations, ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and compliance. Your contributions will directly impact the company's ability to scale and maintain a competitive edge in the technology sector. You will report to the Head of Deal Desk, EMEA & APJ.
The impact you will have:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the sales team, ensuring that the structure of offers aligns with both Databricks' strategic goals and customer needs. Provide expertise in creating and negotiating complex deals, especially in the B2B technology/software sector.
- Play a key role in scaling the Deal Desk operation in line with Databricks' growth in customers, products, and contractual complexity. Develop strategies and processes to manage an increasing volume of transactions efficiently.
- Actively communicate deal statuses and critical updates to sales management, ensuring transparency and timely information flow for strategic decision-making.
- Conduct meticulous reviews of order forms to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with company policies and legal standards.
- Engage in the testing and implementation of new Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ) applications, providing feedback and insights to optimise these tools for operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all deals adhere to recognized revenue recognition principles and are compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) regulations.
- Collaborate with various internal teams, including Legal, Finance, Order Management, and others, to align deals with internal processes, legal requirements, and corporate objectives.
What we look for:
- Significant experience in Deal Desk, Sales Operations, or Contract Operations/Management.
- In-depth understanding of software and services licensing, terminology, and contractual workflows.
- Proficiency in SFDC and CPQ tools.
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and processes, ensuring team enablement.
- Track record of improving processes, SLAs, and contributing to systematic automation.
- Excellent negotiation, project management, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Health insurance reimbursement and collective healthcare scheme
- Life, accident and disability coverage
- Company pension with employer contribution
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual vacation bonus
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Home office & headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.