Req #: GAQ324R52
Databricks is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing Accounting team!
This position, reporting to the Accounting Operations Manager, will play a key role in the daily function of the Accounting department.
The Sr. Financial Accountant will join the International Accounting team assisting in a variety of functions across the organization. You will work with other teams, such as FP&A, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Treasury and internal business partners to ensure accuracy and timeliness of deliverables. You will be an active contributor to the monthly close process by completing reconciliations of multiple cash, fixed assets, prepaids and other balance sheet accounts.
You will also be comfortable working with various financial systems and improving processes within the International Accounting function as the company expands and grows.
The impact you will have:
- Compile and prepare entries to general ledger accounts, providing support that is organized, accurate, and descriptive.
- Perform the daily cash reconciliation process for multiple accounts in different currencies for our international subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts, identifying and resolving any differences within the close period. Reconciliations must be organized, accurate, and complete.
- Fulfill all responsibilities, including journal entries, reconciliations, and other assigned tasks, in a timely manner to comply with the close calendar, checklists, and other due dates as assigned.
- Ensuring SOX compliance with key controls and accurate GAAP financial reporting, fulfilling internal and external reporting requirements.
- Synthesize and communicate complex accounting topics to manager and team and take ownership of specific assigned areas.
- Assist with annual local statutory and consolidated audits as well as internal audit and SOX requests
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand inputs and assumptions that serve as the basis for our GL entries.
- Be a strategic team player in driving process improvements in efforts to minimize manual steps.
- When applying and assessing accounting treatment, employ foundational knowledge and ask poignant questions.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and process improvement projects.
What we look for:
- BA, BS Degree with a focus in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- CPI and\or CPA would be considered a plus
- 4+ years progressive accounting experience ideally with international exposure
- Experience with international region local GAAPs and understanding of US GAAP
- Partnership skills which will allow you to relate to local and remote teams
- Flexibility to work and support teams in different geographic areas
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems
- Operational accounting experience in a rapid-paced, SAAS technology business preferred
- Experience with systems such as G-suite, Netsuite, FloQast, Coupa and Emburse preferred
- Experience and success in a highly dynamic & hypergrowth environment.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.