Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Data Warehousing
The Databricks Data Intelligence Platform opens up a whole new world of possibilities to democratize data and AI across an organization at a scale never before realized. From ETL to data warehousing to generative AI, Databricks helps many of our customers across the globe to simplify and accelerate their data and AI goals. In data warehousing, Databricks SQL (DB SQL) is a serverless data warehouse that lets you run all your SQL and BI applications at scale with up to 12x better price/performance, a unified governance model, open formats, APIs, and your tools of choice – no lock-in. Since the inception of Databricks SQL two years ago, thousands of customers have migrated from legacy or cloud data warehouses to it. They have observed best-in-class performance/cost for their data warehousing workloads, together with unified governance and AI capabilities that the data warehouses lacked.
Databricks is continuing to grow our product marketing organization and we have an exciting new role to lead Data Warehousing go-to-market including product launches, positioning and messaging, web strategy, marketing campaigns, and event content. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing to develop the marketing strategy for how Databricks can uniquely empower data architects and data analysts to accelerate data warehousing solutions. You will work closely with all teams within the Marketing organization, engineering, and technical sales teams to promote the adoption of Databricks and the data warehousing technologies that underpin the platform. If you’re a builder passionate about data warehousing technologies, this role is made for you.
The impact you will have:
- Develop our go-to-market strategy for how Databricks will uniquely approach product marketing for data warehousing on the lakehouse.
- Build a strong and collaborative partnership with our engineering team to build our product roadmap and define our product strategy.
- Create a regular rhythm of landing product news and deliver high-impact announcements across the portfolio.
- Collaborate with our PMM team on the value proposition, messaging, and collateral for data warehousing on the lakehouse and land it across our global channels - including web, field, partners and events.
- Create an always-on go-to-market plan, and pilot new marketing programs and campaigns with a strong focus on winning mindshare to increase awareness (e.g. registrations, downloads, views), demand ($ pipeline) and product adoption (usage) of our platform.
- Build a strong and collaborative partnership with our technical sales team to build a sales enablement play and collateral to promote adoption of data warehousing solutions on the Lakehouse.
- Build an always-on pipeline of customer evidence to showcase how Databricks SQL drives better business outcomes.
What we look for:
- 3-5 years of experience in product marketing or solution marketing for an enterprise software or SaaS company.
- Portfolio of impactful marketing content, blog posts, sales enablement materials, customer evidence, and a history of creating successful marketing programs.
- Experience with cloud is a must and experience with data warehousing is preferred.
- Experience in data engineering, data streaming, data science, or analytics is an advantage.
- Experience presenting at conferences/seminars and customer engagements
- Experience marketing technical products to technical buyers.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, coupled with relevant professional experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA, HSA and Commuter Benefit Plans
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.