The Resource Manager is a strategic business partner for Databricks Field Engineering and Professional Services organization in ensuring that our customers are matched with relevant talent and expertise to solve the world's toughest problems.
You will manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects and work with internal stakeholders to provide the best possible experience for our practitioners as they are assigned to customer projects and identify new challenges for our practitioners to build their personal brand and network. You will report to the Sr. Manager Professional Services
The impact you will have:
- You will demonstrate a passion for the job and lead by example by putting Databricks and our customers first to achieve the delivery mission.
- You will improve transparency of the resourcing workflow and status from pipeline to opportunity close and project start by ensuring that resources are identified, assigned, prepared and able to engage as planned.
- You will work with our Delivery Partner organizations to ensure partner resource availability promptly to support Databricks services opportunities.
- Allocation and outsourcing of projects to Delivery Partners. This includes selecting the appropriate partner for the project and working with the partner closely to ensure project success and operational effectiveness.
- Ensure customers receive timely access to relevant talent and expertise to deliver their data and AI projects.
- Drive resolution of delivery challenges, address resource contentions and manage expectations.
- Gain a deep understanding of our people, their unique skills, experiences and individual development plans.
- Pro-active engagement of our preferred delivery partners to ensure that they can serve relevant resource requests.
- Remediation of resourcing clashes and unforeseen events.
- Data-driven analysis of resource productivity, usage and demand forecasting
- Manage the commercial relationship with our Delivery Partners including the creation and management of statements of work and associated governance process to help provide partner resources.
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience in resource management for a Professional Services and Education Services line of business.
- Exceptional organizational, project management and time-management skills.
- Salesforce and FinancialForce PSA experience
- Experience managing commercial agreements with partners including statements of works to support services management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Initiative, determination and a high degree of resourcefulness.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure while helping resources promote successful customer engagements and outcomes.
- Ideally with a background in Big data and Analytics or related industry.
- Nice to have: In-depth knowledge of applicable labor laws
- Private medical insurance
- Accident coverage
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.