Enterprise Account Executive - Public Sector
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered
As a Public Sector Enterprise Account Executive at Databricks, you are an enterprise sales professional experienced in selling to Public Sector accounts. You know how to sell innovation and change through customer vision expansion and can guide deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in depth and are passionate about communicating its value to Customers and System Integrators. Always looking for new opportunities, you will close new accounts while maintaining existing accounts. Along with the chance to close an exciting deal, we also offer accelerators above 100% quota attainment.
You will report to the Regional Director of Enterprise Sales.
The impact you will have:
- Meet with CIOs, IT executives, LOB executives, Program Managers, and other important partners
- You will provide the industry insight and business creativity required to design and develop unique programs and solutions that differentiate Databricks in Public Sector
- Close both new accounts and existing accounts
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Use a solution-based approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Promote Databricks' Data Intelligence Platform powered by Apache Spark and Delta Lake
- Ensure 100% satisfaction among all customers
- Prioritize opportunities and applying appropriate resources
- Build a plan for success internally at Databricks and externally with your accounts.
What we look for:
- You have previously worked in an early stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful
- Understanding of Public Sector procurement frameworks and mechanisms
- Field sales experience within big data, Cloud, or SaaS sales
- Prior customer relationships with CIOs, program managers, and essential decision makers
- Simply articulate intricate cloud technologies
- 5+ years of Enterprise Sales experience exceeding quotas, covering relevant accounts and industries
- Success closing new accounts while working existing accounts
- Understanding of Spark and big data preferable
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Extended Health Care Including Dental and Vision
- Life/AD&D and Disability Coverage
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.