Engagement Manager, Professional Services - Digital Native
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
As an Engagement Manager (EM), you will sell a portfolio of service offerings designed to help our customers adopt the products they have purchased and achieve the business outcomes they expected from using our products. These service offerings include product implementation services, and training. The EM is well-versed in services and post-sales adoption strategies and fluent in value-selling, notably for the larger deals.
The EM is a trusted advisor to the account team and our customers for successful implementation, adoption, and value realization. A quota carrying role, the EM owns the services sales strategy by creating demand for new Services opportunities and partnering with the Sales team and our partners to develop Services sales opportunities for their assigned territory. You will report to the Director, Professional Services
The impact you will have:
- Collaborate with software sales account teams, and our eco-system of delivery partners
- Develop a services sales strategy in the designated territory with a target account list
- You will work with account sales teams to create new Services opportunities
- Create pipeline and manage end-to-end forecasting process for Services opportunities
- Exceed quota (Impact, Implementation Services, and Training) in both new and installed base customers
- You will be a trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their digital transformation roadmap and driving the right mix of services to meet their needs
- Arrange and conduct Executive and CxO services-related discussions according to the account strategy
- Lead extended team in solution approach, scoping, and proposal development
- Implement value-based selling methodology for Impact, Implementation Services, and Training opportunities
- You will demonstrate a passion for the job and lead by example by putting Databricks and our customers first to achieve the sales and delivery mission.
- You will work with the sales counterpart and engage early in the sales process to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions.
- Identify opportunities for new services by understanding and addressing potential new use-cases the value in the upsell, or extension of services.
- You will perform as the EM in the assigned area and for meeting/exceeding Professional Services and Training bookings and revenue targets.
- Consult with clients to understand engagement scope, requirements, time, cost and benefits.
- Estimate, scope, and develop the statement of work documents.
- Help resolve delivery challenges, address resource contentions, scoping issues and manage expectations.
What we look for:
- 5+ years running a Professional Services and Education Services line of business.
- 5+ years in customer-facing roles that require a mix of influencing, validating, negotiating, understanding and execution.
- Data and AI domain experience working with customers to realize value through to production implementations.
- Excellent customer-facing skills including working with Account Executives and other team members.
- Experience articulating the value-based selling mode
- Experience identifying customer needs and implementing solutions.
- Service delivery and program management skills with the ability to summarize customer success outcomes into well-structured program plans.
- Travel is required up to 35%, more at peak times.
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.