Senior Specialist Solutions Engineer GenAI / ML
As a Senior Specialist Solutions Engineer (Sr. SSE) - ML/GenAI, you will guide customers in building big data and GenAI solutions on Databricks that span various machine learning and Large Language Model use cases. You will be in a customer-facing role, working with and supporting Solution Architects, that requires experience with MLFlow™ and expertise in other MLOps technologies with the guidance of (senior) SSAs. Sr. SSE helps customers through the design and successful implementation of essential workloads while aligning their technical roadmap for expanding the usage of the Databricks Intelligence Platform.
As a go-to-expert reporting to the Specialist Field Engineering Manager, you will continue to strengthen your technical skills through mentorship, learning, and internal training programs and establish yourself in an area of specialty - whether that be machine learning, generative AI, Large Language Models, MLOps, industry expertise, or more.
Note: we are open to accepting applications from across the country (i.e., outside of Munich). #LI-Onsite
The impact you will have:
- Provide technical expertise to guide customers to successful implementations of AI/ML projects, ranging from data pre-processing, feature engineering, training, tracking, registry, and serving to model monitoring, all within a single platform
- You will use your skills in Generative AI and Large Language Models to shape creative and efficient solutions such as RAG architectures with Databricks Technologies
- Elevate your general expertise in AI/ML, Generative AI, and Large Language Models, proficiently comprehend Databricks' strengths, and communicate these advantages to customers.
- Assist Solution Architects with more advanced aspects of the technical sale, including custom proof of concept content, estimating workload sizing, and custom architectures
- Provide tutorials and training to improve community adoption (including hackathons and conference presentations)
- Contribute to the adoption of a variety of AI/ML offerings Databricks with customers and the larger Databricks Community
What we look for:
- 2+ years experience in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role with expertise in at least one of the following areas
- Data Scientist/ML Engineer: model selection, model lifecycle, model scaling, AutoML, hyperparameter tuning, model serving, model monitoring, deep learning
- MLOps Engineer: Build cloud infrastructure that supports the deployment of ML models and algorithms, monitor data drift, integrate with production systems
- Demonstrated initial experience applying Generative AI to develop products that address and solve business problems.
- Technical expertise regarding ML concepts, including Model Tracking, Model Serving, and other aspects of productionizing ML pipelines in distributed data processing environments like Apache Spark, using tools like MLflow
- 2+ years of professional experience with Big Data technologies (Ex: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka) and production programming experience in SQL and Python, Scala, or Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience through work experience
- Private medical insurance
- Life, accident & disability insurance
- Pension Plan
- Vision Reimbursement
- Equity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.