Global Staff Learning Platform Engineer
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
The Global Staff Learning Platform Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining any code associated with integrations between Learning Platforms including but not limited to the learning management system (LMS), lab platforms, curriculum and lab publishing, and productivity tools. The Staff Learning Platform Engineer will build relationships with stakeholders within Learning & Enablement (L&E) to automate manual processes and ensure the most efficient and effective systems are available to create effective training for our customers. This role will collaborate with cross functional stakeholders and external platform vendors, define business requirements, architect, create, and maintain the code base for any automations, and continuously seek to improve the user experience for any customers using said automations.
The impact you will have:
- Architect, develop, and maintain automation for the business to enable curriculum development and training delivery
- Create API-based solutions to integrate solutions between learning platforms
- Identify and solve manual processes to automate
- Build relationships with the organization and adjacent business units to solve larger problems as a team
- Lead vendor teams handling publishing for content, including localized content
The impact you will have:
- 4-year degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field with demonstrated ability
- 5+ years of experience in public cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- Proven experience in CICD tools (Source Control, Build, Deploy)
- Ability to solve high complexity issues
- Experience communicating updates and resolutions to customers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to take a given problem and complete a solution
- Experience in API design and creating RESTful API patterns
- Understanding of learning management systems (LMS)
- Deep knowledge of lab platform technologies
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.