Senior Specialist Solutions Engineer - Platform
As a Sr Specialist Solutions Engineer, you will guide customers in building big data solutions on Databricks that span a large variety of use cases. This customer-facing role works with and supports the Solution Architects, requiring hands-on production experience with cloud infrastructure and big data technologies. You will play important role enabling technical wins by providing best practices and guidance on designing and deploying cloud resources, infrastructure security, identity & access management and cloud infrastructure automation. We help customers through the design and successful implementation of essential workloads while aligning their technical roadmap for expanding the usage of the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform. As a deep go-to-expert reporting to the Specialist Field Engineering Manager, you will continue to strengthen your technical skills through mentorship, learning, and internal training programs to consolidate the skills in your area of speciality.
Note: we are open to accepting applications from across the country (i.e., outside of Munich). #LI-Onsite
The impact you will have:
- Provide technical leadership to guide strategic customers to successful implementations on big data projects, ranging from architectural and security design to development and deployment best practices including Databricks deployment automation.
- Architect production-level workloads, including end-to-end pipeline load performance testing and optimization
- Provide technical expertise in cloud infrastructure and security relating to our Databricks Data Intelligence Platform
- Assist Solution Architects with more advanced aspects of the technical sale including custom proof of concept content, workload sizing, and custom architectures
- Improve community adoption (through tutorials, training, hackathons, and conference presentations)
- Contribute to the Databricks Community and act as a technical subject matter expert (SME)
What we look for:
- Pre-sales or post-sales experience working with external clients across a variety of industry markets
- Experience designing cloud infrastructure and services, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP using best practices in cloud security and networking, including several of the following:
- Infrastructure security (e.g. managing network-level security, private endpoints, firewalls)
- Identity & Access Management (e.g. role-based access control, using the principle of least privilege, integration with IdPs)
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure automation (e.g. Terraform or cloud-specific resource management tools like ARM, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Spark/Delta, Hadoop, and MPP.
- Knowledge of development tools and best practices for engineers including CI/CD, unit and integration testing, plus automation and orchestration
- Production programming experience in one the following languages - Python, Scala, SQL, or R
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- This role can be remote, but we prefer that you are located in the job listing area and can travel up to 30% when needed.
- Nice to have: Databricks and Cloud providers Certification, Data Engineering, and Spark
- Private medical insurance
- Life, accident & disability insurance
- Pension Plan
- Vision Reimbursement
- Equity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.