Senior Salesforce Engineer
Location : Mountain View or San Francisco, CA
At Databricks Information Technology, we are a product led organization transforming the way we work from how easy it is to use our IT services to the applications we develop that help us scale seamlessly in face of incredible growth.
We are looking for a Senior Salesforce Engineer to augment the current team. You will manage our Salesforce platform and be a strategic partner in using this main system across the business. You will oversee the process for design, test, build and implementation. Additionally you will help guide the business in process enhancement and work on future implementation needs. We want someone passionate about using Salesforce to achieve success and value across the business. We want someone who is excited about being a crucial part of a high-growth company with an incredible product. You will report to the Manager of Business Systems.
You will be the lead resource on a team where you will use your skills and expertise to enhance and evolve the value of our Salesforce instance across the business. You will partner with other teams to bring maturity to our use of the Salesforce platform. With the support of your team, you will be in the position to guide the business to be more efficient with Salesforce and products that connect to and rely on Salesforce.
The impact you will have:
- Design/Strategy: Build platform functionality on the Salesforce platform including the way Salesforce interacts and is used by other essential business systems.
- Collaboration: You are the lead for helping our business leverage and use Salesforce. You will work with other teams and will have a seat on the IT Portfolio Working Group.
- Analytics: You will play an analytical role in quickly and thoroughly analyzing requirements for reporting and subsequently translating the emanating results into good technical data designs. In this capacity, the System Analyst configure, develops technical specification documentation for all processes.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience with Salesforce development, configuration, and governance standardization as well as a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform or or equivalent work experience
- Experience implementing Salesforce Portal (Community portal), Service Console, Lightning components.
- Salesforce implementation skills with good command on Apex programming, Controllers, Triggers, Configuration, VisualForce, controllers, triggers, batch processes, lightning, SOQL, REST APIs and web services.
- Knowledge of security and governance (profiles, permission sets, data visibility, sharing settings etc)
- Advanced Salesforce experience with Classic and Lightning components
- Experience with the Life Cycle of Development including Salesforce Deployment/Packaging using Metadata API, ChangeSet and code coverage.
- Best Practices understanding on Coding Standards, Deployment and Governor limit
- Project execution experience across multiple teams
- An ability to translate GTM and CS needs to system configuration specifications.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental wellness resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.