Manager, Solutions Architect - HLS
Reporting to the Director of Field Engineering for Healthcare & Life Science. As a Solutions Architect Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading a high-performing team of pre-sales Solutions Architects, specializing in complex, strategic accounts within the Healthcare & Life Science sector. Your responsibilities will encompass team leadership, strategic collaboration with the sales organization, and ensuring the successful implementation of cutting-edge solutions in enterprise software, big data/analytics, data engineering, and data science.
The impact you will have:
- Hire, train, and nurture a team of Solutions Architects, fostering a culture of excellence and innovation.
- Empower your team to navigate technical intricacies, identify key use cases, and build compelling proof of concepts.
- Develop and execute strategies for the continuous growth and success of the Solutions Architect team.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development within the team.
Sales Excellence / Databricks consumption:
- Drive the achievement of sales targets in your region by guiding the Solutions Architect team in qualifying use cases and demonstrating technical proficiency.
- Lead your team in establishing themselves as trusted advisors throughout the entire customer life-cycle.
- Lead your team to excel in technical qualifications, proof of concepts, architecture discussions, product demonstration, and implementation plans.
- Play a crucial role in achieving the technical win in complex sales cycles.
Customer Success and Value Delivery:
- Ensure customer success by making them successful with Databricks solutions, delivering outsized value to their businesses.
- Foster strong relationships across the business landscape, collaborating with partners, sales, and go-to-market teams to maximize customer and team success.
What we look for:
- Experience: 5+ years in the data space with a technical product, such as data warehousing, big data, or machine learning.
- Leadership: 2+ years of experience leading technical teams, preferably in a pre-sales organization, exceeding annual quotas and building strategic accounts.
- Advisory Role: Proven experience as a trusted advisor to technical executives, guiding strategic data infrastructure decisions.
- Team Development: Track record of hiring, training, and promoting qualified candidates for success within the organization.
- Collaboration: Ability to create positive morale within the team and foster effective working relationships with Field Engineering, Sales, and other internal partners.
- Nice to Have: Experience in the Healthcare & Life Science sector.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. The company aims to democratize AI by building a simple platform that unifies data, analytics, and AI in one place. This platform, known as the Data Intelligence Platform is capable of handling all raw data types, including logs, texts, audio, video, and images. It supports ETL & real-time analytics, orchestration, data warehousing, and data science & AI. It also provides unified security, governance, and cataloging through the Unity Catalog and unified data storage for reliability and sharing through Delta Lake. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Join us in revolutionizing the Healthcare & Life Science industry through innovative data solutions!
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.