Startup Account Executive
As a Start-ups Account Executive at Databricks, you are a hunter and sales leader experienced in selling to Start-up accounts. As a successful candidate you are a creative and a self-starter who understands the consumption sales process. You know how to sell innovation and change through customer vision expansion and can guide deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers and partners. Always prospecting for new opportunities, you will close new accounts while upselling existing accounts. Along with the chance to work with exciting customer engagements, we also offer accelerators above 100% quota accomplishment. You will report to a regional sales manager.
The impact you will have:
- Present a territory plan within first 90 days
- Grow Databricks usage in new and existing accounts
- Exceed activity and revenue targets
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Use a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Promote Databricks' enterprise cloud data platform powered by Spark
- Ensure 100% satisfaction among all customers
- Prioritize opportunities and applying appropriate resources
What we look for:
- 2+ years of closing sales experience
- You have previously worked in a startup and you know how to navigate and be successful
- Prior success in big data, Cloud, or SaaS sales
- Articulate intricate cloud technologies
- Experience exceeding sales quotas
- Success closing new accounts while working existing accounts
- Must understand Spark and big data
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Bachelor's Degree
Extended Health Care Including Dental and Vision
Life/AD&D and Disability Coverage
Paid Parental Leave
Annual Career Development Fund
Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.