Staff Product Manager, Security
At Databricks, we are passionate about helping data teams solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. To achieve our mission, we strive to radically simplify the experience of our users as they undertake complex data management projects, while ensuring that we protect their data with the highest standards of security.
In this role, you will lead all aspects of data security for the Databricks Lakehouse platform. You will drive the product strategy to identify, prioritize and deliver both the external and internal controls necessary for customers to meet their privacy, confidentiality, digital sovereignty and other regulatory obligations. You will create elegant yet simple policy models that enable customers to control access to their most important assets. Your work will help IT and security administrators feel at ease with increasing Databricks usage in their organization. Our data champions will benefit from the data security and operational simplicity you provide, to ensure that they can focus their time on creating most value for their users. You will report to a Senior Director of Product management.
The impact you will have:
- Make security a market differentiator that enables Databricks to succeed in enterprise and regulated industries.
- Help Databricks gain the trust of CSO teams of security sensitive customers and qualify the Lakehouse platform for all data classes in the customer organization.
- Build a vision for a best-in-class network and data security policy model that provides secure access to customer workloads and data while minimizing exposure to unauthorized access and risk of data loss.
- Partner with privacy, legal, and security teams to deliver anonymization, retention, and residency for regulated data and sensitive assets such as AI models.
- Deepen our understanding of evolving threats and corresponding technologies in data security. Use customer inputs to serve as an expert and propose new innovations or best practices from the industry.
- Partner with cloud providers and support confidential compute
- Rationalize and refine the differences in customer experience and data security technologies across multiple clouds including Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
What we look for:
- 8+ years of product management experience with enterprise B2B or SaaS products, with experience delivering successful customer-facing products/features.
- Domain expertise in data security, data privacy, and encryption
- An accomplished senior product manager who can define and deliver on success metrics, summarize customer inputs into actionable requirements, and crisply communicate product value propositions to customers and sales teams.
- Experience partnering with senior engineering leadership with an ability to deep-dive into complex technical concepts.
- Experience driving business results through influential leadership across multiple partner teams including engineering, sales, marketing, solution architects and customer success.
- Passion for designing products that simplify user experience of technically complex products.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.