Chief of Staff to CMO
Location: San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA preferred
The Chief of Staff to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will report directly to the CMO. She/he will ensure that marketing is performing as effectively and efficiently as possible on the most important company programs, and that marketing is aligned across its own functions and with other departments such as Sales, Product, Operations, Finance, etc.
The impact you will have:
- Co-pilot the annual, quarterly and half-yearly planning including influencing investment decisions and desired outcomes
- Guide goal-setting, reporting, diagnosis and improvement plans across all of marketing
- Promote change management on any major new programs
- Work directly with CMO, CMO staff and Finance to ensure ongoing understanding on all of the above
- Create a long-term (3-year) plan to continue scaling while finding new areas of efficiency
- Develop collaborative relationships with all our teams, building agreement with across departments
- Work directly with the CMO on major budget and headcount decisions and mapping these to the desired outcomes
- Create a process to help manage short (weekly) and long term (quarterly, annual) planning across important milestones aligned with our goals.
- Prioritize programs based on our goals, forecasted impact, and available resources
- Manage program intake; coordinate with resource team leads.
- Directly manage multiple marketing projects, schedules and deliverables. Ensure all team members are aligned on interdependencies, next steps, and progress; preemptively manage risks
- Partner with finance to ensure budgets are being forecasted and tracked accurately.
What we look for:
- Significant marketing experience in at least one function
- Demonstrated leadership and proven ability to guide decisions with VP-level partners
- Experience managing a programs budget
- 5+ years business or project management experience
- Experience managing complex campaigns from creation to completion
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Efficiently run meetings based on audience and outcomes
- Talent for turning ideas into an actionable plans
- Working knowledge of project management tools (Asana, JIRA)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA, HSA and Commuter Benefit Plans
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.