AI Engineering Manager
We want to make work and study more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes. Our digital paper and learning ecosystem inspires anyone to take notes, share what they know, collaborate with others, and learn as a community
Build Great Things
Win Like a Sports Team
Learn and Grow Fast
Share Our Passion
About the team:
Join the team behind Goodnotes, the iPad App of the Year and free form note-taking application with over 20 million users worldwide. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to take charge of a newly created team in Goodnotes, with a specialist focus on large language models and building AI products with an focus on education and note taking.
About the role:
- Build and execute the technical roadmap for putting LLM/AI front and centre in Goodnotes. Projects include:
- Creating an AI tutor for STEM subjects
- Building Goodnotes assistant - an LLM-based agent that responds to user’s questions and aids them in learning through natural language interface.
- Lead a team of 6 specialist Machine Learning Engineers spanning across different levels of experience.
- Foster collaboration with cross-functional product teams to deliver a product that utilises predictive technology to write notes for users.
- Partner with the VP of Engineering to define and execute engineering strategies, aligned with the company's goals.
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality work by the team, while maintaining a positive work culture.
- Mentor and coach team members, encouraging their professional growth and supporting them in reaching their full potential
The skills and experience you will need to be successful in the above:
- Proven track record of successfully leading the development of AI-based features/applications from ideation to millions of users.
- Experience in managing and guiding engineering teams, providing technical and career guidance to team members.
- Solid mathematical foundation in deep learning techniques, LLM and NLP, with a strong preference for experience handwriting recognition.
- Strong background in general software development, beyond AI/ML.
- Passion for AI technologies and a deep conviction in their potential to bring positive transformation to the way people work and live.
The interview process:
- Introduction: The Talent Team want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join Goodnotes
- Hiring Manager interview: A call with our VP of Engineering to discuss leadership/management experience and biggest challenges,
- Live coding & Technical interview:
- Some low level ML knowledge questions/ high level ML questions
- General software coding exercise
- Values interview - Meeting with a member of the Goodnotes Team to answer questions relating to take ownership AND build great things
What’s in it for you:
- Remote, flexible working
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents