Senior Graphics Engineer
We want to make work and study more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes. Our digital paper and learning ecosystem inspires anyone to take notes, share what they know, collaborate with others, and learn as a community
—Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things
—Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
—Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team
—Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast
—Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion
—Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
About the team:
We just launched Goodnotes 6, and we will keep improving on it. You will be part of the cross-functional, who’s ensuring that we are able to build a product with the same quality that made GoodNotes 5 App iPad app of the year. They’re a very international team, with your future coworkers being based in 4 different countries across Europe and Asia. However, due to the asynchronous nature of working that Goodnotes has adopted, any time difference will not impact your work-life balance. During the natural overlap of hours within the team, you will have daily standups to coordinate between designers, front-end engineers, back-end engineers and QAs to review any blockers.
About the role:
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Engine Development: Design, develop, and maintain high-quality object manipulation and 3D/2D rendering engine systems.
- Feature Ownership: Spearhead the creation and management of new user-centric features, tapping into cutting-edge technologies and frameworks.
- Team Collaboration: Work seamlessly alongside Product, Design, and QA teams, sharing a mutual goal of delivering superior user features.
- Best Practices: Champion the enhancement of our development processes through continuous research, automation, thorough documentation, and rigorous testing.
- System Management: Take charge of refining our release process, fortifying application architecture, and elevating the overall developer experience.
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- Proven experience in developing 2D/3D rendering engines across various platforms.
- Sound knowledge of computational geometry concepts, such as bezier curves and affine transformations.
- Solid foundation in computer science principles.
- Demonstrated problem-solving aptitude, combined with exceptional communication and storytelling abilities.
- A genuine appreciation for software craftsmanship.
- Bonus: Proficiency with Swift and familiarity with the iOS platform.
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above, we would still love to hear from you! Goodnotes places a lot of value on learning and development and will support your growth if needed.
The interview process:
- An introductory call with someone from our talent acquisition team. They want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join Goodnotes
- A Discussion with our VP of Engineering about your experience and your values
- A 2 hours live coding call with one of our engineers. This is where you get to see what it would be like working at Goodnotes as well as the chance to ask any engineering questions you may have
- A 45-minute call with 2-3 stakeholders you’d work closely with
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise-cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company-wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents