Education Partnerships Manager (Korea)
We want to make work and study more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes. Our digital paper and learning ecosystem inspires anyone to take notes, share what they know, collaborate with others, and learn as a community
—Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things
—Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
—Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team
—Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast
—Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion
—Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
Be user obsessed
—Empathetic, inquisitive, practical
About the team:
Our talented in-house marketing team connects our award-winning app with the world! Our team produces creative marketing campaigns across paid and organic channels to expand our reach and drive downloads and revenue for the business. You’ll be joining a creative and fun team of marketers & designers who have a passion for sharing our love for Goodnotes!
About the role:
We are looking for an Education Partnerships Manager who will focus on 1) Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key partners in Korean not limited to local publishers and platform partners, and 2) Ideate, create, and launch marketing campaigns relevant to the local market to drive downloads and sales. Our ideal candidate for this role is self-driven, goal-oriented, and data-driven person who works well on a team as well as independently.
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Demonstrated skillsets in identifying and cultivating partnership opportunities in the local market across local education publishers or platform partners in South Korea.
- Maintain strong partner relationships with strong negotiation and deal-close skills.
- Drive revenue generation from partnerships by planning excellent GTM strategies with a solid understanding of sales and marketing processes.
- Lead partnership initiatives to report leadership succinctly and collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to execute plans.
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- 5+ years experience business development role in a B2C product company with specific focus on the Korea market
- Demonstrated experience of cultivating and maintaining strategic partnerships and find joint opportunities to drive revenue and achieve business opjectives
- Experience collaborating effectively with global marketing team & cross functionally with product, engineering, customer service teams for all growth activities planned in Korea
- Strong communication skills, with a fluency in English & Korean
- Strong educational sector background or e-book/audio book related experience
- Experience collaborating with conservative partners in digital transformation initiatives
- eCommerce background is a plus
*Required submission with application
Please submit a short portfolio with your application:
- length: 1-2 pages or slides, no specific conditions for format or size
- please select some cases from your previous experiences to describe your
- Key accomplishments with notable successes in business development, partnership building, or overall business growth.
- Pivotal factors influenced your decision to expose partnership opportunities.
- Major strategies in successfully cultivating or negotiating business deals that contribute to company or revenue growth.
The interview process:
- An introductory call with someone from our talent acquisition team. They want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join Goodnotes
- A role-specific call to discuss your background and skillset for this role more in detail
- A call with your hiring manager. This is the person who will be managing you day to day, working on your growth and development with you as well as support you throughout your career at Goodnotes
- A meet the team interview
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Flexible working hours
- Sponsored working visa with a relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Yearly budget for career development
- Monthly budget for personal development (books, online courses, music lessons, languages, and more)
- Monthly health & wellness budget (gym membership, mental health, spa/massage, and more)
- The hardware you need to do your best work
- Home office setup budget for your perfect WFH space
- Noise-cancelling headphones